As you probably know, the Orientation and Student Success Law (L’ORE) of March 8, 2018 includes a reform of the social protection of students in health insurance, leading to a major administrative simplification.

Thus, as of the beginning of the 2018-2019 academic year, students who register for the 1st time in a higher education institution, no longer change the compulsory health insurance plan and therefore will not be affiliated to the Students’ Scheme.

Those who continue their studies and who are already enrolled in a student insurance for the 2017-2018 academic year remain attached to this insurance and will have their rights renewed automatically by the Health Insurance for the 2018-2019 academic year cost-free.

In case of doubt

However, if any questions remain, you can contact the Health Insurance at the following number: 3646 or by contacting the Student Insurances directly.

  • La SMEREP (centre 617) 16, boulevard Général Leclerc 92115 – CLICHY
    Phone : or
  • La Mutuelle des Etudiants – Centre 601 – 35070 RENNES CEDEX 9
    Phone : 0811.505.633 or


Before enrolling in a higher education institution, you must provide a certificate of payment of the CVEC – Contribution Vie Etudiante et de Campus (CVEC) – which you can obtain from July 1st.
The amount of the CVEC is 90 €.

This is mandatory for ALL students and apprentices.

At the end of the payment, you must obtain a certificate of acquittal from the CVEC.
You must provide this certificate to your institution of higher education.

Your institution will not be able to finalize your registration without this certificate.

Scholarship applicants will also be required to pay this amount and will be reimbursed by Crous at a later date upon award of the scholarship.

Special case: If you are in continuing education * you are not impacted by this contribution
* In continuing education: that is, your training is supported by an employer or a collector organization

How can I find information about CVEC :
– connecting to CROUS website

Where do I have to pay my contribution ?
– Connecting to CVEC website